Here are the facts in GA voting law that has MLB and the rest of Woke Corporate America boycotting GA:
- LIE: The new law restricts early voting.
- TRUTH: The law expands early voting hours and additional weekend voting opportunities, including Sundays.
- LIE: Voter ID requirements are racially discriminatory.
- TRUTH: IDs are necessary for numerous everyday activities, and the law even lets voters use documents like utility bills instead of state-issued IDs.
- LIE: Restrictions on distributing food and water to voters are intended to make voting more uncomfortable for minority voters.
- TRUTH: The law only prohibits using free food and beverages as a form of electioneering.
- LIE: The new law eliminates absentee ballot drop boxes.
- TRUTH: Drop boxes never existed before the pandemic. The new law creates rules to keep them—and the ballots inside—secure.
- LIE: The new law allows “takeovers” of local election administration.
- TRUTH: The law protects voters when local officials fail to prevent excessive lines or struggle to process absentee ballots.
“Biden and Abrams keep saying the Election Integrity Act is worse than Jim Crow, which is an insult to the millions of Black Americans,” Bishop Aubrey Shines, founder of Glory to God Ministries and a founding member of Conservative Clergy of Color, said.
“The truth is that this law actually expands access to the ballot box, while also taking common-sense steps to protect the sanctity of every legal vote,” Shines added. “We believe that it should be easy to vote and hard to cheat and the Georgia Integrity Act makes that possible for all voters.”